Tuesday, December 16, 2008

There be Booty on them Thar Boats

Today, the UN passed a resolution to follow the Somali pirates on to the shores of Africa. This is a subject I've largely stayed away from, because I was "on the wrong side of the issue."

I think Cunilingus (I mean Condoleeza) Rice said it best when she stated, "It's a sympton of the instability, the instability, the poverty, the lawlessness that has plagued Somalia for decades."

Too right, Condi. As an American, I can't imagine how poor these people are. They make huts of of doodoo! SHIT! It's true, read an encyclopedia. You can't convince me this isn't an act of desepration. These doodoo hut living people see billions of dollars worth of merchandise flow through their borders every few months, yet they are living in doodoo. If I was Somalian, I'd be all like WTF? I brotha' can't even get a brick?

Like usual, no one wants to treat the symptoms, they just want to save their money. I know if I ever get pnuemonia, I'm coughing up dollar bills. Save my ass.

The most compelling part of this story is that these men are jacking super-tankers with speed boats. It makes me think of Miami Vice. Can you imagine Crockett and Tubbs on a shoestring budget jacking a super-tanker? They didn't have the organizational skills.

I'm sure there will be gun battles, swashbuckling, and mayhem soon to follow this decision by the UN. Anyone that is willing to jack a supertanker with a speed boat has balls, and they ain't about to pick today to start running. So go and get your money little Somali Pirate Boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment