Sunday, November 16, 2008

Week 11 NFL Preview

Okay, so I missed the Thursday game this week. I didn't even realize it until my dad called me and asked who was winning the game. A brief moment of panic overcame me, then steely resolve to place this week despite my trevails. The Jets did their thing, as I suspected, and Mangini got off of a long schneid against his former mentor. Go Mangenius!!

Now, on to the games I can have some opinon about.

Atlanta v. Denver boasts some great QB's. It's too bad Cutler has nothing else. Heck, that offense signed Tatum the luggage theiving Bell-hop to their team. Desperation will make you do ugly things. If ATL continues their ways, they'll win handily. Meanwhile, the KC v. Nawleens game boasts the highest ranked offense and the second longest losing streak teams. Who to choose, who to choose? Well, seeing as how KC lost in the worst way possible, and has no bodies on D, I'm choosing them. Antithetical? Yes, but Herm plays to win the game. Plus, they get the woman beater back and he should help.

The most talked about game of the day is probably between NYG and B-Mo.' If you like slobberknockers and low scores, this game is for you. I want to see Brandon Jacobs with a full head of steam truck the aging Ray Lewis. I'm simply tired of everyone riding his jock like we're not worthy to wash his feet. Another great run D, running back game is Minny v. TB. I still can't figure out the Bucs. They're kind of like the bailout package...sounds good but doesn't work like you think it should. Given their strength at home, they have to be the favorites. It must be something in the water down there.

Miami doesn't turn the ball over much and that's all the Raiders do. Miami wins with some single wing, reverse, flee-flicker trickeration. Detroit wins a game!! Shaking that ugly stigma of being 0-16, Detroit shocks the world with Calvin Johnson gaining 150 plus yards, two touchdowns and a couple of 'wow' moments. Yeah, Detriot; I'm not betting on them, though.

In the battle of the weird animals to name a team game, Philly tries hard to find yet another way to lose. Unfortunately, the Bungles do them one better by being so excited at one win that they run out on to the playing field not wearing pads. In the North, Chicago plays the Packers. This should be a great game, with both teams in the hunt for the division title. I just hope Orton plays, or you can call it for GB. *Over/Under alert* 4 references to Brett Favre by the announcers of the game. I'm taking the over.

The Texans play the resurgent Colts in the next game. Coach Kubiak actually said of Rosenfels, "he had a couple of bad breaks." The man had 4 interceptions!! That is more than bad breaks, that's broken. Much like the spirits of the Colts would be, were they to lose. The addage of that wise old owl rings true in this game, as emotion is the wind beneath the Colts' wings the rest of the season. A team that may have emotion working against them is SF. Can you believe the way they lost last week? I don't think I could've overcome that in my football career. But, this is why these men are paid and I only played varsity ball in Seattle...I coulda made it to the pros though. I had a bum back!! Meanwhile, St. Louis couldn't look worse, as a football sort-of-team. San Fran is a better city, I'll choose them.

AZ locks up the NFC West this week, with a "W" over the hapless Seahawks. As a side note, I would like to say that Anquan Boldin is a BEAST!!! That dude had a broken face a couple of weeks ago, and had a monster game last week, and absorbed hits like like a Sham Wow absorbs wine stains from the carpet. Good for you Anquan. The Titans take care of the Jags, by doing what they've done since the beginning of the season. The Jags, on the other hand, go from the worst to best teams in the leauge un successive weeks. I think they'll be shell shocked as if they just landed on the beaches of Normandy in WWII. Football is a war!!! Which is why the Steelers are going to shock and awe the not-so-super Chargers. Coming off of a game they could have won, Roethlisberger will be madder than a bull in Spain.

Ahhhh the night games...TO (the bad one) said, "we need to have a self check...like we're not as good as we were hyped. Do you think? I'm glad I have TO to give me these earth shattering revelations. Reverend TO (the good one) says, "I'm glad ya'll came to the holy ghost this Sunday evening! The Loooooord is with ya 'Skins. Like the Lord was with Moses, Abraham and Diddy. Yes, Diddy, too has a friend in Jesus. YOU have a friend in Jesus. The Cowboys suffer from the sin of pride. They think they're better than they are. You have overcome a crackedhead mayor, George Bush, and the DC Sniper!!! Rise up, take the field and take your 7-3 record on towards the playoffs!! Praise God, and pass the collection plate."

Finally, we come to the Bills versus the Browns. Some Browns vets accused some teammates of quitting in the latest loss. A locker room divided is a locker room that does interviews on the verge of tears at the end of games. The Bills haven't been much better lately, but they draw a great bounceback game, where they can circle the wagons and get back on track.

Okay, that's it. Happy Birthday to the Bros. Especially to Bros. that made me. Thank you, Sir Charles!!! I started my celebration Saturday at 12 AM with the Detroit Bruz...when asked why I was telling the Bruz happy birthday at a party, I necked them and yelled, "know your history"!!! I'm still owt for the 12th.

No comments:

Post a Comment